Sunday, 7 May 2017

Cambridge Creatives SPRING Photowalk

Two weeks ago Claireabellemakes and I hosted our second photowalk in Cambridge and quite simply, it blew our minds! Our first photowalk was so much fun (I wrote about it here) and even though it rained, 15-20 colourfully dressed lovelies explored Cambridge with us and snapped plenty of photos along the way.


THIS TIME though over 70 people (SEVENTY PEOPLE!!) travelled from all over to join us for our Spring time wander. It was INCREDIBLE! Even after having a fortnight to digest it I still can't get my tiny, excitable mind around it all!

The Spring gang! Photo credit : Miss Sue Flay

This time, we planned a longer route, brought balloons, surprises and popped in extra treat stops for the day. Everyone had a goodie bag, including an updated map, some little treats from me and Claire and a beautiful name badge each, made by wonderful Kate of Daphne Rosa Flowers. Claire had also arranged for Cambridge Satchel Company to loan us a selection of their gorgeous bags for the day!



Map designed by ME!

There were plenty of smiles and the sun shone on us all day, right through to the picnic end - we were so lucky! A healthy dose of wisteria hysteria struck quite early on and there was plenty of boomerang and instagram fun to be had....


There were photos being snapped of bikes, balloons, colourful doors, flowers, satchels, gelato (Oh the Gelato!) and smiling faces everywhere! It was WONDERFUL!


Yummy gelato : Photo credit Em Makes and Bakes

I won't waffle much about it all as I think everyone's photos do more justice than my words ever could! So here's a selection of some more snaps from the #CambridgeCreativesPhotowalk hashtag, which is bursting with all the fun of the day - make sure you pop over and have a proper gander through them all!

Photo credit : A Rosie Life

My first shot of the day... I didn't take many more!

Wisteria Hysteria & Florence : Photo credit Claireabellemakes

Cambridge Satchel beauty : Photo credit Ha Online

Going through the 400 odd photos on the hashtag whilst creating this post is making me feel all the warm and fuzzies again. We couldn't have imagined of hoped for a more magical day! I'd like to thank each and every person who came along (IRL or followed on IG), who took photos, liked, commented, shared and just had fun with us! It was THE BEST and we couldn't have done it without you!


I also want to say a HUGE thank you to Claire too, I can't imagine living here without having met her now and am so unbelievably grateful and honoured to have been part of planning something so fun and inclusive in my new hometown. 

Can we do it again soon please?

☀︎

No comments:

Post a Comment