Wednesday, 4 May 2016

My Hello Sunshine Team

I thought I'd take a bit of time to write a post I've been meaning to do for a while now. There have been lots of projects and shiny new work at Hello Sunshine HQ over the past few months and I can't let all the fun pass without talking about the special people involved with helping them all come to life! 

So... first up, you might have noticed at the start of April that a super shiny and very beautiful new website popped up over at hello-sunshine.co.uk. I'm in LOVE with it, everything about it is perfect and I have the very lovely Angharad over at Cardigan Web Studio to thank for it.


Shiny new website homepage thanks to Angharad

The best bit (other than it looking magnificent) is that I now feel confident in maintaining the site myself thanks to Angharad’s brilliant tutoring, her patience with my clumsy self and her ongoing support. I would totally recommend Cardigan Web Studio to anyone who is looking for any help with their website and online geekery.



Now I can't talk about my beautiful new website without mentioning wonderful Cat who runs Twin Pines Creative. Cat is the clever bean behind my lovely logo and branding and working with her to re-brand my little business last year was the most fun ever! She worked her magic to take my ideas and give my business the face lift it needed. I have Cat to thank for a helluvalot of the lovely branded material you see in real life and online as part of Hello Sunshine. If you ever need any kind of design work, then look no further than Twin Pines Creative.


Image from Cat's blog and website 

Speaking of bringing things together to look beautiful, I have to thank the mighty talented Holly Booth for her gorgeous product photography and styling. All of the new lifestyle images and product photography on my website, in my online shops and on a lot of social media is thanks to Holly and her camera. The wonderfully style shots help tell each story behind my ranges of jewellery perfectly and I couldn't be happier with how it all looks. I'm sure I don't need to tell you twice to give Holly a shout if you ever need a hand with photography.


And my business would not be where it is without the jewellery itself, which in turn could not happen without lovely, patient Laura and her mighty lasers at Bespoke Laser UK. Laura deals with many waffle filled emails with crazy titles from me regularly and magically takes all of my design ideas and turns them into perfect, laser cut pieces ready for me to make in to treats for you all. If you ever need help or advice with laser cutting and engraving then make sure you drop Laura a line.


Image from Laura's @bespokelaseruk instagram

These girl bosses are the BEST and make it feel like I have the most amazing little Hello Sunshine team. Working for yourself and on your own every day can sometimes feel lonely and is a very different working experience to what I have had in the past. One of the most valuable things I have learnt over the past year though is that you don't have to do everything yourself or on your own. It is SO MUCH MORE FUN to work with other creatives who are talented in their own fields to help bring your dreams and visions to life. I am so happy to have found so many lovely people to work with during my Hello Sunshine adventure and although it may not be a 'team' in a traditional work sense, I still see myself as being part of one, a damn good one too.


Holly's amazing photo's coming to life on little postcards designed by Cat

I have had some amazing projects this year, working with the ladies mentioned above and the feedback and love shown by everyone along the way has made my heart very happy. I am so excited to see what the rest of the year will bring and can't wait for new projects and workshops I have in the diary... not to mention a rather exciting collaboration coming up later this month thanks to lovely Leona of Lucky Dip Club! Eeek!


Image from the fun filled @luckydipclub instagram

Although I still spend the majority of my days in the studio on my own (with the kitties) I never quite feel alone. From shooting new jewellery with Holly, talking about design projects with Cat and website banter with Angharad to regular emails with Laura, plotting secret projects with others and friendly chats with my local post office, I work with some brilliant people and wouldn't change it for the world! 

But the 'team' doesn't stop there, not for me anyway because then there's YOU! The people who read my blog, interact with me on social media, buy my work online, come and see me at craft fairs. The lovely folk who ask me to draw their pets, their loved ones and other imaginative projects for them. The other WONDERFULLY TALENTED and creative individuals and small businesses in the online world who I chat to and am inspired by every day! YOU are all part of my Hello Sunshine world and I wouldn't be where I am without you all.


Thank you card designed by Cat and shot by Holly 

So I guess I am writing this little blog post to not only share my experiences and encourage supporting and working with other independent businesses but to also thank you all for your help, encouragement and support...

THANK YOU! From the bottom of my Sunshine filled heart!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I always love reading your words Jo but after our chat today this post is most definitely inspiring. Well done for finding the right team for you. You and the girls have worked super hard and it shows. Well done my lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I always love reading your words Jo but after our chat today this post is most definitely inspiring. Well done for finding the right team for you. You and the girls have worked super hard and it shows. Well done my lovely. X

    ReplyDelete