Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Hello Sunshine on tour : Spring Market

At the weekend I took my little stall of Sunshine to the magnificent Roundhouse in Derby to take part in the Fabulous Places Spring Market. I don't know if you've ever been to the Roundhouse before but it is a STUNNING location - as you can see in this beautiful photo from Lauren Vicker's instagram feed...


It was my first fair of the season and it was really nice to get my stall all laid out again with the addition of my brand new White Rabbit collection! The bunnies went down a treat with Easter just around the corner and lots of Spring time love in the air too.


There were also a vast array of amazing food stalls and vans there too (and you all know how much I enjoy a nice food van). The one which caught my eye instantly as we arrived though was the brilliant, bright yellow Sunshine Coffee and Bakes van...


Not only did we sample several coffees and teas from this delightful Citro├źn van, I just had to add it to my #fattybumbumdrawsvans list and during calmer moments I started to doodle. I promise I'll get round to finishing and colouring it soon... so watch this space for the final Sunshine van doodle!



Overall it was a lovely day out, not only did I get to see my family whilst I was back up in the Shire, I saw some of my favourite creative faces (including Amy BlackwellTwin Pine Creative, Letterbox Lane, Jessica Lennox, Hannah Stevens, Thursday Jewellery and Lunarmoth Jewllery) and caught up with lots of friends at the fair.

There were some clear stars of the show over the weekend, these little bunny and sunflower studs were by far the most popular and have been over on my website too so I had to give them a special mention. Have you got your Spring jewellery sorted yet?


It was great to practice displaying my work again and getting back in to the swing of being a stall holder in advance of my next MAHOOSIVE event, which i'm mighty nervous about! Next month I'll be packing up even more Sunshine, including shiny new designs for the British Craft Trade Show at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate. YIKES! But there will be plenty more about all of that in future posts I'm sure!

In the mean time, I hope you're all having a fabulous week and are looking forward to the long Easter weekend that's just around the corner! We will be off to the Lake District for a mini camping adventure so I'm sure a doodle and blog post about it all will follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment