Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Blog Hop

A few weeks ago the lovely Deborah of Deborah Ballinger Illustrations nominated me and the very talented Lucy Alice Designs for the Blog Hop. I had never heard of a 'Blog Hop' before but essentially it seems to be answering three questions and passing it on to two more creative blogging beans.

So better late than never, here are my responses to the three Blog Hop questions...

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN MAKING AT YOUR DESK THIS WEEK?

The past few weeks have been very festive shaped at Sunshine Towers and I have had a few snow storms and spells of black ice on my desk...




You can join in with the festive snowstorms now too and purchase your own sunshine packed Snowflakes (studs, necklaces and brooches) online through my Hello Sunshine ShopFolksy shop or Etsy shop. YAY! 

WHERE ARE YOU FINDING YOUR CURRENT INSPIRATION?

For the past month I have been inspired by Gala Darling and her amazing #lovetober intsgram challenge. You can read about (and perv at) my month load of smile inducing snaps in my blog post from Sunday 2nd Nov


This little daily challenge of documenting things in your life which inspire you has keep a huge smile on my face and reminded me that even in the darkest of times you can shine through. I guess you could say my inspiration at the moment is simply POSITIVITY. Whether it's in others who inspire people or within myself and appreciating it's power in daily life.

HOW IMPORTANT IS BEING CREATIVE TO YOU, AND HOW DO YOU BLEND THIS WITH YOU WORK/LIFE/FAMILY BALANCE?

In short, creativity is just built into me and it's super important to me that I keep it alive and happy to fuel my dreams of being able to take Hello Sunshine into a full time career. 

If I'm honest though, I am a bit rubbish at balancing everything - I'm bloody brilliant at organising myself and packing everything I can into my days but recently I have discovered (the hard way) that this isn't a healthy way to carry on, especially when you leave little or no time for yourself to relax and recover.

It turns out that having a part time (mighty busy but awesome) job at Boots HQ, passionately building up a creative business, being in a long distance relationship and having a wealth of awesome friends and family around me is not only amazing and something I am thankful for everyday but is also very tough to balance in a healthy way. 

I am working towards finding that balance and if I have any advice to share on this matter it would be to take that much needed time off. Whether you spend an eve on the sofa watching your favourite film, meditate, take a nice bath with a book, go for a run or have a nice long cuppa tea - take the time to do it and focus only on that at the time (no distractions/phone/tv etc). You'll be surprised how nourishing these little things can be for the soul and how that small moment of calm every day can make a big impact on you and your life balance.


Right so, seriousness done. It's nomination time and I would like to nominate two very talented ladies who's work I love and admire greatly. Both Nottingham ladies too I nominate my lovely long time friend Amy Blackwell of Audrey and Illya and the mighty lovely Hannah Stevens Illustrations.

Thanks for reading my little Blog Hop post everyone, I hope I did you proud Deborah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment