Wednesday, 11 July 2012

A little sunshine for others...

It's been a wee while since I've posted about what I've actually been working on lately so I've slapped my wrists, pulled my socks up and am here to share some of my most recent projects....

Both of which I am most delighted with, as they are personal pieces of sunshine for others and have put smiles on faces!

If you can cast your mind back to last month I created a special anniversary sunshine for my friend to give to her husband. It went down a treat, not only with the happy couple but with some of her lovely facebook followers.


After I finished Gemma's sunshine commission I received an email from the delightful Debbyanne who wanted a Sunshine of her hubby and their little girl in time for Father's Day. After a few emails, several photos and some playing around with colours this was the finished piece...


Shortly after I had sent Debbyanne her Sunshine prints a lovely lady called Lucy got in touch and wanted a Daddy & Daughter print too, including two kitty cats in the picture with them. Again, after a few emails, photos and colouring in exercises this was the outcome...


I always love doodling and drawing up these commissions, especially when I know how much people love them when they see their nearest and dearest as an illustration for the first time. When Lucy emailed me with the following comment I can honestly say I didn't stop smiling for the rest of the day...

"I really love it, I just showed it to my daughter and she recognised her Daddy instantly." 

If anyone reading my little blog post is interested in turning a loved one (or themselves) into a Sunshine caricature please get in touch via my facebook page or through my website. I love drawing them so would be more than happy to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment