Monday, 27 December 2010
Friday, 24 December 2010
Tuesday, 21 December 2010
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Thursday, 16 December 2010
Follow this link if you would like to hear more... BBC Radio Leicester - Jodie & Kelly
Have a listen, see if you can spot my little mention and then book your train tickets and come see us in Leicester this weekend for all the festivities :)
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Wednesday, 8 December 2010
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
Sunday, 28 November 2010
Thursday, 25 November 2010
Saturday, 20 November 2010
Monday, 15 November 2010
Wednesday, 10 November 2010
Saturday, 6 November 2010
Friday, 5 November 2010
Harley Gallery, Welbeck, Notts
Best for original arts and crafts
This contemporary craft hub at Welbeck near Worksop was constructed in 1994 on the ruins of the Welbeck Estate’s gasworks (built to illuminate the fifth Duke of Portland’s crazy maze of underground tunnels). As well as a museum of treasures from the Portland Collection, the site houses two gallery spaces and a terrific shop stocking ceramics, artisan jewellery and fashion accessories, plus children’s books and toys.
There is also a Christmas Market on November 27 and 28, which, now in its 10th year, takes over the Harley Workshops, where East Midlands artists and makers sell their goods. Visitors get the run of more than 40 craft stalls and resident artists’ studios: look out for ceramicist/printmaker Nicola Lidstone, whose speciality is porcelain cows, sheep and llamas; and Stella Corrall, whose homewares are made from translucent recycled plastic. It’s a Christmas shopping idyll, not too hectic, and with quality refreshments.
- Splash out on a silver, 18ct gold and aquamarine ring by Sue Lane, £245 from the gallery shop.
- Stretch out your spending with a cute wooden necklace from the Hello Sunshine range by Jo Want, £9-£22 from the gallery shop.
- While you’re here visit Creswell Crags just up the road, a limestone gorge pocketed with caves that were inhabited after the Ice Age; children love the cave tours (www.creswell-crags.org.uk).
- Eat at the stall set up by the terrific Welbeck Farm Shop: hot, home-cooked food.
- Stay at Browns b & b (01909 720659; www.brownsholbeck.co.uk) at Holbeck, which has three cheerful four-poster rooms and serves good breakfasts; doubles from £74 b & b ; no children.
- Treat yourself to the cakes at the gallery’s Limehouse Café.
- Harley Gallery (01909 501700; www.harleygallery.co.uk).